Welcome, 2020! The start of a new decade. Dang! We all know how exhausting, or rather, how breakable, new year resolutions can be. Most times they don’t even last through the second day of January! What about giving up the typical “resolutions?” What about creating resolutions for your home?
It can be a crazy time of the year with the kids going back to school, or going back to work, after being off for the holidays, so making it easier to come home where you’ve implemented these 5 resolutions can really help so much. Here are some habits that might help you and your home that you can totally stick to this year!
- Make your bed each morning. It may seem like the weirdest thing to do, but in all honesty, I have a much better day when I make my bed first thing in the morning. It’s like I’m manifesting the day to be good.
- Bathrooms seem to be a hazard zone for disasters after rushing through the morning to get ready. I find that if I put away all of my hair and makeup products, I feel so much better when I come home from work.
- Clearing whatever path I can, especially those clothes left from hubby 😉 helps my sanity as well. Toss those suckers into the hamper so I don’t have to worry about them when I come home.
- Do a quick sweep of the kitchen before taking off for the day. Nothing is worse (in my humble opinion) than coming home after a long day at work and seeing dirty dishes and counters in my kitchen. Quickly toss all dishes into the dishwasher and wipe down the counters probably takes 5 minutes at most. Ba-da-bing-ba-da-boom. Done.
- Running through to put toys and blankets away from the night before so that the playroom or living room appear to be clean also brings my sanity levels back down!
This list might seem overwhelming to do at first, but even taking a few minutes to cross one of these line items off helps so much. I prefer 1 and 5 because I love crawling back into a made bed at nights and love to come home to a clean kitchen since it’s the first room I see when I come home.